8 Ways to Know That You Were Born to Be a Mermaid
Sometimes, we need to be told things that are obvious to others but not to ourselves.
Things like "You can really sing!" or "You just think you're fat but you're not!". With my utmost desire to make life simpler, I came up with eight ways (based on experience) to know if you were born to be a mermaid.
1. You love the water. A lot. Even if you don’t really know how to swim or when you start panicking when the water suddenly gets cold, you still can't be away from the water for too long.
2. When you do go swimming even if it’s just in the pool, you imagine that you’re a mermaid but you don’t tell anybody that. *Dives, swim like a mermaid, repeat* Sounds familiar?
3. You’re afraid of deep water but you jump in anyway. Why? Because mermaids are brave even when they don't think they are.
4. Getting sunburn is the least of your worries. In fact, you don’t care if you get burnt or forgot to wear sunscreen. Maybe, you don't wear sunscreen at all! High five! But you know, we should at one point in our lives (more on this soon).
5. You spend hours surfing the internet for merspiration. From clothes to journals and bouts of mermaid tail window shopping even though that customized tail is going to cost $$$ (but you still do it anyway).
6. Whenever somebody asks you what you want for your birthday or Christmas you ask for a mermaid tail or fins… or a surfboard (okay maybe this is just for me *winks*).
7. You soon find your bathing suit full of trash - you're the automatic garbage collector when you’re in the sea or by the beach. Even if it’s not ‘your’ trash, you pick it up because you care.
8. There were more times that you wished you were a mermaid (like Ariel) more than you wanted to be Barbie.
If you happen to relate to just one, it automatically makes you a mermaid! Yay! Do you think I missed something? Let me know in the comments below! ♥ ♥ ♥
Til the next wave!